Become a host family
Our program aims to enable exchange students to live temporarily in Brazilian homes to immerse themselves in the local culture and encourage learning of the Portuguese language.
Hosting a foreigner is giving him/her the opportunity to get to know Brasília and Brazil through your eyes, and you will still get paid for it!
What is necessary?
- Reside in the following districts of Brasília: Asa Norte, Asa Sul, Lago Norte or Noroeste.
- Offer a single room (not shared) and a temporary home with loving care and respect.
- Offer a complete Portuguese language immersion experience
- Provide meals and everything else the student needs in his/her routine;
- Make the student feel part of the family, participating in all their activities and sharing household chores.
- Provide the student with opportunities to learn about our culture.
- Be open to learning about the culture and customs of the student's home country.
Why hosting a foreigner?
Discover the world!
You will learn a lot about other parts of the world, as it will be an opportunity for your family to bring the world into the house.
Teach and learn
It is a chance to share your history, traditions, and customs, and at the same time experience new traditions and customs without leaving home.
Opening the doors of your home will give you and your family the chance to network globally and have friends from many places around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have some frequently asked questions about the Host a Foreigner program. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.