Creation of teaching materials in foreign languages
In this course, participants learn to analyze and produce teaching materials in foreign languages with a cultural and non-stereotypical bias. With lots of interaction, reading, practice and face-to-face meetings, this is a rich, dynamic, and collaborative course. Ideal if you want to broaden your horizons in language teaching.
Who will accompany you
Ana Luíza Gabatteli
Portuguese as a second language teacher, founder and CEO of Vila Brasil school and creator of the Materialize project. Master’s in Applied Linguistics (UnB). Graduated in Languages - Brazilian Portuguese as a Second Language (UnB). Celpe-Bras evaluator
Portuguese as a second language teacher and pedagogical coordinator of Vila Brasil school, creator of the Materialize project. Master’s in Linguistics (UnB). Graduated in Languages - Brazilian Portuguese as a Second Language (UnB).
Foreign languages teachers (Portuguese for foreigners, English, French and Spanish).
Our idea is to train foreign language teachers through reflection and the creation of teaching materials, combining theory , practice and creativity . Our focus is on the process and not just the result!
The proposal is that at the end of the course, we have an excellent didactic unit! To do this, we will show you how to use Miro, which is a tool that gives us many possibilities to work as a team and idealize projects with several people at the same time.
The methodology of the course is mainly based on practice with discussions and moments of content evaluation.
The main topics we cover in the course:
- Using the syllabus
- Levels of competence
- Theoretical-methodological principles
- Brief introduction to the concept of culture
- Evaluation and creation of teaching activities
- Weekly availability of 10 hours out of the live sessions to work with the course activities.
- Availability to work and collaborate in a group.
- Willingness to use and learn to use the necessary tools in the course: Miro, Canvas Instructure, Zoom and Telegram.
- Familiarity with the Zoom tool.
Workload: 70 hours
- 58 asynchronous hours
- 12h live (6 Saturday meetings)
- 17/04 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)
- 24/04 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)
- 05/05 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)
- 15/05 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)
- 22/05 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)
- 05/06 - 14h-16h (Brasilia timezone)